No standards related to this content.
Which set of standards are you looking for?
Materials and preparation
- Story paper
- Lined paper
Students will be able to write an easy story about one topic with relevant details.
- Tell the students that they can draw and color a picture about anything that makes them happy today.
- Give them time and energy to brainstorm some topics.
- Provide them with several ideas such as animals, toys, games, favorite food if they’re stuck and cannot think about anything.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling
- Choose a topic of interest for you.
- Draw an image to go right along with it. Show the students how the drawing does not have to be perfect.
- Demonstrate when it comes to learning students how you will choose words that describe your picture.
- Make a listing and write those expressed words regarding the board.
- Use 2-3 of the expressed words in a sentence.
- Show the learning students how the sentences relate with the image.
Gu >(15 minutes)
- Instruct the students to think about several words that tell concerning the picture they drew.
- Have them write the words on lined paper. Continue reading “Beginning essay Writing: All About Me”