There are occasions, as soon as we want to go a vm disk up to a various container on equivalent AHV Cluster.
For e.g. : we possibly may like to go this VM Disk for a container with De-Dupliction Disabled. To relocate a machine’s that is virtual to another container on the same AHV cluster, after actions are expected:
Needs for the Move:
- Supply Container ID (where in actuality the vmdisk is found initially)
- Destination Container ID (our target container in the exact same group)
- VM Disk(s) UUID (UUID of each and every disk we have to go that is“acli vm.get
- Power-off the VM
Overview of procedures:
- Determine the vmdisk_uuid of every disk that is virtual the VM.
- Verify the VM which is why the VMdisk we have been migrating is driven down.
- Utilize the Acropolis Image provider to clone the supply digital Disk(s) into Image(s) in the target container.
- Attach the disk through the Acropolis Image(s) which created in step three towards the VM.
- Eliminate the VM disk this is certainly hosted regarding the initial container
- Optional: eliminate the VMdisk that is cloned image solutions
Why don’t we use the illustration of a VM named “EXAMPLE_VM”
we have to login up to a cvm and perform the command that is following get more info about “EXAMPLE_VM” :
Aided by the above demand we shall obtain the after output:
From the above mentioned command you can view that the EXAMPLE_VM ‘ VM has 3 disks. Continue reading “Migrating VM Disk to A container that is different on”